Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Bells

 Christmas Bells   4x6 oil painting      $125

Here's a small painting I did a couple of years ago and made my Christmas cards out of an image  taken of it. Speaking of Christmas cards...that is something that I've ended up sending out less of  in the last few years. I've decided that I would send to the distant relatives and friends that I don't see all year (primarily due to distance) This year I didn't use any of my paintings but I found a card that had a road sign that read "JingleAllThe  Way" And it reminded me of a song I wrote to the tune of Jingle Bells. I figured I'd share it here since the song fits the painting too! Here's the first verse to:

"Cashier Bells"  by Dee Lessard
Dashing through the stores, with a great big rushing crowd;
Always wanting more, shouting it out loud.
Cashier bells do ring, making wallets light;
Dad's face goes white as bills come in, oh what a frightful sight....

Oh, cashier bells, cashier bells ringing all the way;
Oh what fun it is to spend , all for Christmas day;
Oh, cashier bells, cashier bells ringing all the way;
oh what fun it is to spend when it's Dad who has to pay!

Hope you have a Merry Christmas and hear the sound of jingle from the change in your pocket!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...